Doug serves as counsel to many Colorado financial institutions as well as private lenders and investors. His expertise includes real estate loan documentation, asset-based lending, problem loan resolutions, and acquisitions. Doug is also extensively involved in state and federal bankruptcy litigation related to creditors’ rights.
In his free time, Doug enjoys hiking and traveling with his wife, Jamie.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Law
- Real Estate
- Creditors’ Rights
- Creditor Bankruptcy
- 35% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctor
- Law Journal: Transportation Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1979 – 1980
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Bill Barrett Corp. v. Lembke, 474 P.3d 46 (Colo. 2020).
Past Employment Positions
- Douglas W. Brown, P.C., President, 1987 - 1991
- Brown & Berardini, P.C., President, 1991 - 1995