PartnerLocation: Denver, Colorado
Neal K. Dunning graduated from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln in 1977 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 1979 with a Juris Doctor degree.
Neal clerked for Judge Karen S. Metzger while she was a trial judge on the Denver District Court. Later that year, Neal was hired as an associate attorney at Worstell & Wyatt. In 1987, Neal became a partner in the firm which then was named Worstell & Dunning.
In 1995, joining forces with two other law school classmates and friends, Neal became a partner in Brown, Berardini & Dunning, PC. Today, the firm has a general practice emphasizing in civil and commercial litigation, real estate, probate, and creditors’ rights in bankruptcy.
Neal is licensed to practice in the Colorado State Courts, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctor
- Law Journal: Transportation Law Journal
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Administration
- Scott Wetzel Services v. Johnson, 821 P.2d 804 (Colo. 1991).
- Ramirez v. Mixsooke, 907 P.2d 617 (Colo. Ct. App. 1994).
- Dynasty Inc. v. Winter Park Assoc., 5 P.3d 392 (Colo. Ct. App. 2000).
- Montoya v. Cherry Creek Dodge, 708 P.2d 491 (Colo. Ct. App. 1985).
- Price Haskel, Inc. v. Denver Department of Excise and Licenses, 694 P.2d 364 (Colo. Ct. App. 1984).
- Rocky Mountain Sales and Service, Inc. v. Havana RV, Inc., 635 P.2d 935 (Colo. Ct. App. 1981).
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, J. Churchill Owen Scholarship
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award: Contracts, and Federal Procedure Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Worstell & Dunning, Partner, 1980 - 1995
- Omicron Delta Epsilon